Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Theme-Genre Declaration

My theme-genre for poetry of song is heartache in alternative music. I chose alternative as my genre because I wanted to be able to include most of the music that I'm interested in. I'm interested in all sorts of music genres that can all be classified as alternative, so I kept it broad. The alternative genre can include other genres such as indie, rock, punk, pop, metal, etc. I first started listening to alternative music when I was in the seventh grade, when I began listening to bands such as Fall Out Boy and The Academy Is. Since then, my taste in music has opened up beyond the top 40 on the radio, and I listen to more music that isn't considered mainstream. Heartache is a reoccurring them in alternative music, and a lot of lyrics based on heartache can be very deep, so I chose this as my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment